28 Mar Top 5 Benefits of Modular Construction
It’s becoming more important to build smarter; more efficiently and sustainably without sacrificing quality. We’ve chosen modular and this is why:
- Time Savings. While traditional builds require a foundation before exterior walls are raised, modules are built off-site at the same time the foundation is being laid. Picture a module, with the electricity wired and the interior walls painted, being lifted onto the structure. The overall time savings on a modular product can be over 30%.
- Quality Control. Every single module is engineered to be load-bearing and able to withstand being trucked from the factory to site and craned into place. Quality checks during production ensure each module conforms to code.
- Reduced Site Disruption. A reduced schedule also means reduced disturbance to the surrounding environment. Less time spent on site means less noise, pollution and waste.
- Increased Productivity. We can ensure maximum productivity in the factory, as contractors have all the necessary tools and materials to get the job done at hand, in a safe environment with limited exposure to adverse weather conditions and other risks.
- Overall Cost Savings. With so many details of the modules determined up front, expensive changes can be avoided. Financing costs can be reduced thanks to reduced construction time.